Monday, July 25, 2016

A sweet casa in Spain -- for pilgrims

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/casa-da-fernanda-lugar-de-corgo.9092/

Apparently there is a generous spirit in a house called Casa Fernanda

P.S.Just to get it a bit straight. Fernanda doesn't "ask" for a donativo, although of course they have expenses. (Jacinto's homemade wine is worth it regardless...) Her philosophy is that those who can will and those who can't will benefit from those who will and can. The "Donation thing" (a cardboard wine container never left on the table unless a pilgrim does it),is actually rarely inspected and there hangs a tale.
Last year, I was having trouble. The debit card which should have money in it, didn't, and I didn't have a PIN number for the other (which didn't have much more - that's my life as a novelist! Dan Brown? Hah!!!) Getting gasoline was clearly going to be problematic. Fernanda didn't hesitate. Off the shelf came the cylinder, out came 50 euros (es sufficiente? She said, with more in hand...). Nothing was even said about repayment. I did, of course.
Sainthood...Santa Fernanda del Lugar del Corto...for what it is worth from the Happy Heretic, Tracy 
She will always be that to me...
http://www.pilgrimagetoheresy.com
(and can't wait to be closer to my Portuguese family...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment